Post viewing task -HAMLET

1.The play  Hamlet written by William Shakespeare. The movie "Hamlet"produced by sir Kenneth Branagh is totally faithful to the play. The reason behind it , that the dialogues , characters action, all acts and scene all the  things  were same in the movie . Not anything changed by Branagh. Branagh also tired  to be faithful for the movie. Also he had played his roke of Hamlet in movie. He also tried to give perfection to his movie as like original play.
2.yes my perception was changed about   the play's characters or situations that  I felt some over changes in the character of Ophelia in the movie because,  while reading  the play i felt that Ophelia was very gentle lady and also faithful to her father,brother and her love also. But when watched the movie l realize that how she defraud her love only because of her father's order.
3. No l can't feel aesthetic delight while watching  movie because in the movie Branagh present all the things and situations are same also,which was written in  the play. He was not bringing some new ideas or thoughts which one can give me aesthetic delight.so.......
4. Yes,I felt catharsis while or after watching movie because when I read the play i can't watch what is the expression of Hamlet's face while he  was deciding to taken  his father's deaths revenge . But in the movie I saw that and also felt some anger on Hamlet's face and his reaction. So I notice one point that whenever one person decided to take revenge , how his perception  change to that man or woman who was responsible  for that.
5. Yes movie screening also help me in better understanding of the play.
6. No, there was not any particular scene  on moment in the movie that I will cherish lifetime.
7. If I exist a director I would like to change  Gertrude's character in the movie and also I show  her character as a widow Queen. Because she shouldn't remarried with her brother in law and passed her life as a widow.
8. I read the symbolism  of contabescence because whomever unduly highlights there , it is fix for that that  they collapse one day.
9.  I find psychological approach is more applicable while studying the play through the movie because in the play and movie both are focuse on Hamlet's mental situation. In the play and movie both show that how Hamlet's reaction was changed when situation changed. Hamlet's repressed hostality towards his father as a rival for his mother's affection . The total reaction culminates in the bitter misogyny of his outburst against Ophelia.
10. I think Historical and biographical approach appeals  me more than others ( in pre viewing task) because it is also surprise me that Hamlet's considered by some commentators to be topical and autobiographical in certain place. Also be confused by change of incest against the queen. Although her second marriage to the brother of  her deceased husband would not be considered incestuous today by many civil religious codes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Task based activity of ELT -1

Desire and knowledge

Mobile photography