How literature shaped me

After reading literature for 5 year, now time comes to explain about the role of literature which it plays in my life. This is the reflective blog of my understanding and learning of literature which brings change in my life. 


What is literature?

Literature  itself is a vast term to understanding  for everyone. My honorable professor of my Graduation time ,who always said me that literature is an ocean, assume whatever are you able to assume from it. At that time I was not able to understand the value of his sentence but  now I am getting the proper idea about literature. 

How literature shaped me?

My definition of literature is "Literature is that which brings us in to light from Darkness."

Here I mean ,the darkness is the mentality of people. People follows all the idea or things as it is said  by other but never tried to know the reality ,this the darkness of the mentality. Literature taught me to come out from this mentality that's why I use this definition.

Use proper thing for proper situation:-

"Pity the living, not to the dead one"

The best line of Harry Potter, shows the importance of human life and its relationship. Here the quote describe about the idea of sympathy or pity that most of the people have sympathy for dead one but literature said that not to show the pity for dead one, show the pity for living one. Pity the one who lives without love. 
"Nobody comes to save us, it is we who save the self" idea of Harry Potter series , inspire me a lot for my work and my passion that no one will save us from the trouble of life,we have to be our own savior and always be ready for fight with every situation. 

Self-help:-

The idea of self -help book which I Have taken from One night@ the call center , in which Chetan Bhagat gives idea of how to come out from our day to day life 's problems. God in call,  who explain about four important thing, imagination, intelligence ,self confidence and  failure. This all things are necessary for life. Through this I have got the proper sense of the importance of  self confidence which is most important for every person of  the world. 

English  language teaching:-

I have learnt so many new thing from English language teaching ,which helps me to know about real importance of English language in world that how it is the window if the world. It also helps me to learn the language through literature. I have learnt so many things from the idea of learning literature by watching movie which is based on literature like , sense and sensibility, Mourning Become Electra, Middlemarch which shows the theme of love , marriage and cheating in love. Cheating in love, break up, depression these all are like the current problems of youth in 21st century ,  which is shown in earlier literature also. Another thing which I have learnt that always watch the movie in theatre rather than in laptop or mobile  because to watch movie in theatre is beneficial for them who really works hard behind it. 

Existentialism:-

From waiting for Godot, I get the sense of Existentialism,  which explains why I am here? What is the importance of  mine on the earth?It gives me proper understanding of my existence and what is my work in this world. Another thing is from Waiting for Godot is about absurdity and nothingness which present the idea of nothingness in life and boring  things in life. 
 "It is important to know about past for knowing the present "by Dan Brown in Da Vinci Code, which explains the importance of past to know about present. 
Literature help me to read the mind/psychology of human beings as there are many characters in literary texts who behave in certain manner or in particular situation which give us idea that what they want, same in real life there are many people who behave in strange manner but we can understand reason behind it.

Postcolonialism:-

From some post colonial novels ,poems, and plays I came to know about the situation of people during colonization through literature. Imagery Homeland, A Tempest, Telephonic conversation and Dedication, A Mystic Drum etc present colonial idea of rulling people over the native people.

Gives me another eyesight:-

Through literature I am able to make myself free from society.For each and every point I am able to watch it with another perspective in my life. Some poems and novels inspired me for hard work and never give up in any condition of life. For example Harry Potter, who had fight with every problem of his life though he knows magic properly and can do anything but  he gave his best in every situation. So never give up in life, readiness is all for every pro of life.

Spiritual degradation:-

By the poem of T.S. Eliot ,The Waste Land I have got an idea of people's spiritual degradation by the effect of modernization. In the modern world people become more frustrated rather than happier. People have lost their spiritual strength and become more and more alone and frustrated. This poem create a real image of world in front of us. 

Idea of freedom:-

Literature taught us to be free. From The Sense of An Ending, Tony Webster shows freedom of life. He thinks that let people do whatever they want to do. Do not tide yourself with all chain of social rules and gathering. Be free and think freely.

Beauty of literature:-

Literature ' s beauty is that ,that how it open up the mystery of the novel or poem or short story. One by one the secret goes to revel and at last the end will be totally different form our imagination. Literature have power of horripilation.


Immediate  action:-

From Hamlet by William Shakespeare I  learnt that do not take too much time for thinking where you actually need to do action. Give the response immediately where it is required and took the time for thinking where it is really required.learn for immediate action in life.

Do not become blind behind your power:-

From Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe the thing which I have learnt is not be fool behind gaining knowledge and have desire to become powerful on the world because it leads You towards collapse. You have to stay in your limit for all the things ,if you cross your limits than it will be harmful for you.

Another thing is from Things Falls Apart by Chinua Achebe where the character of Okonkwo who is not ready for the change in life. He thinks that all the things should  become as he wants in life which is not possible in real sense. So all should have  capability to  accept the change in life . In life nothing will be static, all the things needs change day by day so accept the change in life and never blame your situation and fate.

 Never believe on that type of people in the world who tries to convince you in their false tale and to defeats you. I have learnt this by Paradise lost by John Milton  in which Satan tries to convince Eve in his false idea and Eve and Adam lost their Paradise.

Learn literature through technology:-

The best and most important thing which I have learnt is to learn literature through technology. In Department of English MKBU  where the subject like English literature is taught with technology which is most beneficial for the students of literature. No one have imagine to learn literature with technology which is beastly proven by this Department. Here the students get the information of literature and use of technology.

Gender discrimination:-

This thing one will find everywhere in literature. From ancient time to modern time people make objection for female writers that how can she write in this way. Marry Shelley, Virginia Woolf and others were most powerful writers of literature and also gave challenge to male writer of the world. These all  female writers face so many problems in life by their writing which shows that still in 21st century people think that women have not right to do this or that. So in this modern era people have to come out from this type of mentality that women can not do the thing which  men can do. If we treat both with same treatment in life then the problem will be solved more easier way.
So literature  give me a new eyesight for watching the world with another perspective.

Literature is like walnuts, which  look like harder by upper side  but if you tries to look it very deeply then you will get  fruit of it which is inside of the walnut. You have to broke the harder part of life which is the problem of life and needs more hard work, but after this you will get the fruit mean succes in life. So by this way literature shaped me, mold me ,  and change my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Task based activity of ELT -1

Desire and knowledge

Mobile photography